National Health Services Corps Loan Repayment Program
Student Loan Forgiveness Amounts:
The NHSC Loan Forgiveness program awards a maximum of $50,000 in Federal loan forgiveness in exchange for two years of service. The two years of service must be conducted in a Health Professional Shortage Area.
Medical Professionals Eligible for Federal Loan Forgiveness:
To be eligible for Federal loan forgiveness, a medical professional must be a U.S. citizen and practice as one of the following:
- General Practitioner (Allopathic and Osteopathic Physicians)
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner or Certified Midwife
- Primary Care Physician Assistant
- Dentist or Dental Hygenist
- Licensed Psychologist
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist or Professional Counselor
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Psychiatric Nurse
The NHSC Loan Forgiveness program includes all Federal, state, and even private (commercial) student loans.
Program Website and Contact Info:
Website: NHSC Loan Forgiveness Website