Medical Scholarship Amounts:
Students who complete the program will enter the Army as an officer (Captain) and receive officer's pay.
Students receiving the scholarship must generally commit to one year of military service per school year paid for under the program, with a two year minimum. Students pursuing a dental, optometrical, veterinary, or psychological degree must serve at least three years.
Medical Programs Eligible for the Army Medical Scholarship:
To be eligible for the Army medical scholarship program, a student must attend an accredited university and study to become one of the following:
- Medical doctor (any specialty)
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Physician's Assistant (Master's level)
Eligibility Requirements for Army Medical Scholarships:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited school
- Be enrolled in an accredited graduate program
- Be a full-time student
- Meet the Army's officer candidate requirements.