Guide to Getting Financial Aid for College
From Ken Clark, former About.com Guide
- Applying for Financial Aid
- Federal Student Loan and Grant Programs
- Student Loan Repayment and Forgiveness
- Scholarships and Other Aid Opportunities
Applying for Financial Aid
To get financial aid, you've got to fill out the applications. To get the biggest awards, you've got to do it exactly right. Surprisingly, filling out the Federal FAFSA form is reasonably easy and something every family should do.
- Guide to Completing the Federal FAFSA Form
- The CSS PROFILE for Private Schools
- Understanding the Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- State Financial Aid Deadlines
Federal Student Loan and Grant Programs
Even higher income families can qualify for certain Federal student loan programs.
Student Loan Repayment and Forgiveness
As many come to find out, getting student loans is often far easier than paying them off. Knowing your options and taking advantage of loan forgiveness programs can make life a whole lot easier.
Scholarships and Other Aid Opportunities
Since every penny counts, no parent should overlook these opportunities for free money.