Alaska Loan Forgiveness Amounts:
To be eligible for the Alaska loan forgiveness program, an Alaska teacher must:
- Have taught for five consecutive years.
- Be considered "highly qualified" by the state of Alaska (depends on testing and collegiate coursework).
- Not be in default on their Federal student loan.
- Not have received any loan forgiveness from the AmeriCorps program.
Eligible Schools and Subjects:
- Teach any subject at a public or private elementary school, to be eligible for $5,000 in loan forgiveness.
- Teach science or math at an eligible secondary school, to be eligible for $17,500 in loan forgiveness.
- Teach children with disabilities at any level, to be eligible for $17,500 in loan forgiveness.
More information on qualifying schools and subject areas can be found on the official site for the Alaska Commission on Post-Secondary Education (ACPE).
Program Website and Contact Info: